Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Tall Club: Over-sized, Under Weight

Over Sized and Under Weight

The world is changing, and to stay on pace with the constantly changing status quo, there has been an entire industry raised from near non-existence into a multi-billion dollar profit system: Weight Control.  Thermogenics  will raise your body temperature to help you sweat, combining caffeine with cayenne pepper to keep you awake and burning calories, but, the problem that I have suffered through for most of my life isn't burning the calories, but keeping them inside of my body, creating fat cells, and keeping that bad reputation fat from leaving.  I am tall, 6’9” to be exact, and my body has a build that can sustain 300 lbs. but the metabolism of a race horse keeps me at a much lower threshold.  As a tall man in a 5’10 average size man world, the problem isn't losing weight, but rather keeping the weight ON! 
Do you play basketball? Absolutely.  Could I be a valuable source of intimidation through sheer size and breadth on a court, volleyball pit, softball field, or goalie post, yes I could, but, only if my body had the width to go with the height could all of those presumptions come forward. 
Over the 40 years of life, I have seen, and tried many things to put this weight on, while in a world where everyone else seems to want to strip it from their bodies.  Protein has evolved as well as other products not governed by the FDA as nutritional supplements.  Below is a list of products that have worked for me in putting weight on, and the timeline that I used them:
Protein – Whey protein is what my father would put in a morning milkshake, the kind that busy parents make for their kids before sending them off to school.  The combination of two scoops of whey protein, a banana, strawberries, and milk, does the same thing as cereal, but with the addition of the whey protein, sent me into the metabolic world of super available energy.
Tall Men Sleepwear
Nitric Oxides – I have found, for my body, that taking these kind of supplements before working out helps with the vaso-dilation of my veins, meaning my veins expand allowing for a rapid absorption of supplements, while also decreasing muscle strain during times of heavy weight lifting.  As evolution of body composition continues throughout the aging process, I used this supplement a lot more during my younger years, 18-30, because mass was my goal, putting it on, and keeping it on.  From age 31-Present, I use Nitric Oxide (N.O.) less because my metabolism has slowed down, and mass is second to lean muscle building. 
Carhartt for Tall men
Creatine – The most widely known and advertised creatine is by far mono-hydrate, which when used properly and instructions followed, will fill your muscles with muscle building nutrients.  The problem I found with Creatine Mono-hydrate is that it also filled my muscles with a large amount of water weight, which looking from the outside in, makes your muscles look bigger and fuller, but, only if you can maintain a constant flow of water drinking, and a workout routine that provides enough muscle shock to keep your muscles from getting into the sustainment phase, which is a bad thing when you are trying to gain mass muscle density.  The Creatine that I use today, Creatine HCI, has a better effect for my body and workout routine.  The HCI allows me to build Lean Muscle without the water weight, and it comes in capsule form, also allowing me to control the amount that is taken, thereby adjusting the dosage to fit my body, and keep waste down.

No comments:

Post a Comment