Translate

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Tall Club: Vehicles for Tall People

As some people have found out, myself included, automobiles, trucks, SUV's, and crossovers are not created equal.  In the past years I have sat in just about every kind of car auto, and have been greatly surprised by some, and happily driven away in others that I didn't believe I would fit in.  Below is a summary of the vehicles that I have been able to fit in, and others that I have not.

Ecig Avenue

Toyota Trucks - Plenty of leg room, but not at the top.  My legs fit with extra space under the steering wheel, so that I didn't have the split knee thing going, but, the vehicles lack the head clearance at the roof.  This is just for the Tundra version, as I have not tried to sit in the Tacoma, but, when you are a large person, the going thought is that you should only try to drive a big Truck.

Geo Metro - This vehicle surprised me, as it had plenty of leg room, to the point where I had to move the seat forward, and head clearance was a breeze.  The only problem tall people will have with this vehicle is that you may look like Shaquille O'neal getting out of a mini cooper commercial.

Save on TireBuyer.com Promos + Free Shipping Available!

Ford Trucks - I once test drove a F-250 Texas Ranch  version, with the thought that "Everything is bigger in Texas" only to find out, that is not the case with this truck.  No leg room under the steering wheel because the seat sits higher, which is also the problem for head clearance.  On the other hand, I drove a Fleet Ford F-150, and had plenty of both, driving off the lot and enjoying the experience until I ended up living in a area where Air Conditioning and power windows was a necessity.  The Fleet Ford F-150 would be a great starter vehicle for somebody tall, young, and needs a reliable vehicle for in-city travel.

Save on TireBuyer.com Coupons + Free Shipping Available!

Lexus ES-350 - I still drive and enjoy this vehicle, especially since I fit in it with plenty of head clearance and room for my legs.  This is probably the best vehicle I have driven for my size, as coupes go, and having 30 MPG helps a lot in the $4 a gallon economy that we currently have.

Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-Door - Lots of leg room, plenty of head space clearance, and the option to take all the doors, lower the window, take off the back cover options that comes with owning a Jeep.

BMW 4 series - This vehicle is one of the vehicles I am very interested in seeing if I fit in.  It has a longer wheel base than the 3 series, has been clocked at 8.3 seconds in a 0-100 mph test, and is shaped like a bullet.  If this vehicle can fit me, it will go to second place in vehicles preferred for tall people, right behind the Lexus ES350.

No comments:

Post a Comment